Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tailgating Stories from You the Readers

This story was sent to us from Alex who was at Opening Day for the Phillies all the way from Israel!!!



I lived and grew up in Philadelphia for the first 15 years of my life. At 16, I dropped out of high school and moved to Israel. I needed to leave this area. I didn't speak to my family and was finding myself in a lot of trouble. After not coming home or speaking to my Dad for 10 years, I called him and said I was coming home for the World Series. So, at the age of 26, I was back in Philadelphia for a week. I spent all the time with my Dad and we watch our Phillies win the World Series. I went back to Israel after that but we kept in touch. I was happy that I could share that with him. He called me about a month ago and told me he got 2 tickets for opening day and asked me to go with him. As soon as we hung up the phone, I booked my flight to be there to see my team start to defend their title. I know they didn't win, but Dad and I had such a great time. We got to the parking lot at 10AM and tailgated all day. We had a BBQ all set up. We smoked Israeli cigars and drank some Goldstar (an Israeli beer often compared to Yards). That was a day that I will never forget.

Send us you stories and we will post the good ones.



Photo from Daylife

No comments: