Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tailgating Stories from You the Readers

This was e-mailed to us from Seth from Bensalem who talks about his Penn State football tailgates.
It was 2004, and I was a freshman at Penn State University. I have waited my entire life to a Nitty Lion. My Dad went there, his Dad went there, and his Dad went there. Being fourth generation Penn State is a lot of pressure, especially when it comes to making a memorable tailgate for the first home football game of the season.
So, what I did was make the favorite dishes of the three generations that taught me how to tailgate Penn State style. My Great-Grandfather loved shrimp with his special cocktail sauce, so that was our appetizer. My Grandfather loved steak and potato's, so that was our main course. My Dad loved Blowines, which are blue brownies in honor of Penn State. So, I made that for dessert. It was the best tailgate I ever put together and they were all proud and honored. I loved being able to share it with the three of them.
Photo from PSU
Send us your stories and we will post the most interesting ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree. PSU football is better than anything else in this world. I went for the first time when I was 6 and now I am a senior ther and not ready to leave. I hope my kids come to Happy Valley and carry on the love we feel for the Blue and the White.

-Jordan

Todd said...

Hey Jordan

Thanks for the comment. While I am a Temple guy I have a lot of respect for you PSU fans. Keep on reading and sharing your comments.